Please see our Ameraucana Breed Page for more information on this breed.
Our Ameraucanas come in 3 color varieties: BBS (blue, black and splash), BBS Wheaten (wheaten, blue wheaten and splash wheaten) and Self-blue/Lavender. All flocks are kept separate and bred within their own color varieties to maintain their breed standards. We do not separate colors within each color variety and therefore cannot sell specific colored chicks (ie. just blue chicks from a BBS flock). Our Self-blue/Lavender flock includes black-split to lavender chicks to maintain good feather quality. Chicks from the Lavender pen will yield both black splits and lavender chicks.
Requests for specific colored chicks can be made in the comments section before checking out, but cannot be guaranteed for fulfillment due to the unknowingness of what colors will hatch out on hatch day.
Class: All Other Breeds
Type: Large Fowl
- Layer of medium/large, blue eggs
- 180-200 eggs per year
- Begins to lay around 5-6 months of age
- Cold hardy
- Medium in size when mature (hens weighing 5.5lbs, roosters weighing 6.5lbs)
- Pea Comb (great for colder areas of the states with wet weather)
- A TRUE Ameraucana is still relatively rare
- Considered dual-purpose